Traffic

Monday, November 1, 2010

Home made Tortillas Are The Delight Of The Dinner Table!


http://food459.blogspot.com/ Tortillas top this list! I cook a lot of Mexican style dinners, and if I dare try to slip in store bought tortillas, well the groans and complaints make me wish I had gone to the small amount of trouble it takes to bake a batch... Because there is no comparison! Tortillas are a simple food...flour, fat, water, salt, and that's it! However, when these humble ingredients are mixed together in the proper way, suddenly they are transformed into a delicious soft and tender wrap for savory chicken, spicy beef, tender pork, or any type of meat, fish, vegetable or even fruit that you can think of!
Tender and tasty flour tortillas can be used as a side bread for dipping, the main attraction to hold the contents of dinner, or just as a snack, warmed up and spread with soft creamy butter. I've even created spectacular tortilla desserts that my family clammers for! My homemade tortillas are a hit as my contribution to potlucks, delightful as gifts, and have become my signature dish. Everyone would be surprised if they knew how simple and quick they really are to make!
If you want to surprise and delight your family and friends, fresh tender flour tortillas are a great way to do it. I started making them long ago, and now that my kids are all grown and out on their own, it is the one recipe that they have ALL called home about. Every one of them has finally learned all my tips and techniques, and the tradition goes on! Making something as simple as the daily bread, not on a daily basis, but as a special treat is what memories are made of. Whether it's the biscuts that my Grandmother taught me to make, or the tortilla techniques that I have passed on to my children, it's worth the effort, and a real pleasure to see the delight that good simple food can bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment